Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year Celebrations!

Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a fantastic time celebrating last night? We had a meal out with family in Bath. 

A first for us we dined at the Cosy Club. I hadn't been there before so had been umming and aahing all week about what to wear!!
Looking at the website they described themselves as a modern day gin palace and the interior sounded fantastic...

"The bar area comprises of an Art Deco-inspired snug & a roomy bar area, which is dominated by an impressive gin-palace-style bar. The look is completed with leather club chairs, sink-into sofas, Art Deco coffee tables, velvet pouffes, chandeliers, & a pair of feature Art Deco uplighters (from the set of Jeeves & Wooster).
The dining area has seating for up 110 guests & a further 66 guests on the balcony. The interior is an eclectic mix of reclaimed tables, old leather dining chairs, reclaimed railway waiting room benches, old lab stools, Victorian lampshades & Eastern European factory lights. On the raised area, complete with a couple of feature antler chandeliers, the walls are adorned (literally covered) with old oil paintings & prints."

Mum & Dad
After searching online all week for a 20s dress , I gave up! Luckily I found a cute 50s style dress at 20th Century Foxy that I thought would be fun for New Year Eve. I added my enormous coral petticoat and voila, a fun but  dressy yet casual outfit for new year!


The meal was lovely, the food excellent.....

 

I did have a gorgeous Winterberry Eton Mess for dessert but scoffed it too quickly for photos! 
I could have easily sipped more of these devine Trifle Martinis instead though.....

Yum Yum
Of course I've saved the best til last..... the perk of having a dad who owns a wedding car company means that our lift for the evening was extremely stylish (even if the setting of a carpark wasn't !!)





Happy new Year everyone!!!!





1 comment:

  1. I love your outfit, the last picture sitting in the Jaguar is really beautiful!
    I spend a nice and very fun evening with friends yesterday, you can check my post:
    http://lostin1950.blogspot.com/2012/01/mexican-new-year-eve.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...